No matter your age, circumstances or stage, there is probably something you can do to be healthier. These are my favorite, small things to do to improve one’s health:
- Drink more water – aim for 8 cups a day.
- Regular and consistent exercise -find something you love to do that’s not a chore.
- Practice stress relief like meditation, deep breathing, stretching, yoga, etc.
- Walk more – take the stairs, walk on your lunch break, park farther away.
- Get enough sleep! – you will be mentally sharp and more able to maintain a healthy weight. One of the factors of obesity is a lack of sleep.
- Eat breakfast.
- Fill your body with whole foods – the less processed, the better it is for your body.
- Lift weights – You don’t need to become a body builder, but strengthen your muscles and bones.
- Look on the bright side – make an effort to focus on the positives instead of the negatives, don’t compare yourself to others.
- Serve and reach out to others – both parties will benefit in countless ways.
The one I feel like I’m ALWAYS working on is drinking more water! I don’t drink anything besides water and occasionally orange juice and have found carrying a water bottle around (even around the house) has helped me remember to drink more water. I’ve started to see minor improvements in my skin tone and texture. My current favorite water bottle is this Hydro Flask bottle. I wanted a bottle that would keep water cold (because Texas) and didn’t collect condensation or leak. This bottle is amazing and met all my requirements. Even outside at the park in 95 degrees, my water was still ice cold.