I’ve never had full, long lashes but I’ve never had the desire to pay a lot of money for that look. I do love how lash extensions look but it seems like a big cost and maintenance. There’s lots of serums and products out there, I found this one by Rimmel on Amazon and chose it based on reviews and price ($8!)
The serum is super easy to use, you just brush it on the base of your lashes and use the lash stick or the brush. I use it every night before bed and have used about half the bottle as of now. I definitely saw results and feel my lashes are longer. It’s not the same volume you would get with extensions, but for $8 I am super happy with this product!
11/29/17 – I’m now about 75% finished with the tube of lash serum. I’m still loving this product and here are some recent results:
One of my favorite things about Tessa is her curly hair! Right after she was born, one of the nurses exclaimed, ‘She has so much hair!’ Guess the old wives’ tale about heartburn and the amount of hair a newborn has is true, ha, ha! We’ve never cut her hair because I love it so much and it’s grown out pretty evenly. People always think I curl and style it which is nice since it just dries in nice ringlets! I can’t remember where I first saw an ad for the Wet Brush but as Tessa’s naturally curly hair is getting longer and less easy to untangle, I decided to try it.
We found a 2 pack on Amazon so I actually use one on my own hair too. This is by far the best product we use for Tessa’s hair. Before we were using a wide tooth comb and a de-tangle spray. The Wet Brush is easy to use and does a fantastic job! I always start brushing at the ends and with Tessa then in sections. It’s much easier to use than our previous method.
I’m thankful today to celebrate and remember those who have died to allow use to enjoy the amazing freedoms of this country. We have many freedoms and rights that citizens of other countries do not have. Sometimes I feel that politics (especially in a two party dominant country) can be divisive so I’m extra grateful we have days like today to remind us that we are all Americans.
Today is celebrated in lots of different ways – the beach, vacations, family time, etc. We don’t have anything special planned today as Dave is going out of town tonight for work in Phoenix. Something I always love about Memorial Day (and the other American holidays) are the flag decorations that dot the neighborhoods and businesses. The Red represents ‘valor’, the White ‘innocence’ and the Blue ‘vigilance, perseverance and justice’.
There’s an old saying that you can’t wear white until after Memorial Day – not sure where this originated or if it’s truly observed! I tend to wear more black and gray but also love white. For a lot of people, Memorial Day also signals the beginning of summer and summer colors. Here are some of my white picks:
I’m happy to partner again with Smile Brilliant who help you achieve your best smile from the comfort of your home! I first used their custom made teeth whitening trays in December and had a great experience. The whole process is easy to follow and use. Smile Brilliant is offering you $25 your whitening trays with the code: jamtartmd25 . With this code you can receive their teeth whitening system for lightly stained teeth for $104!
You can also win $50 off a teeth whitening kit by entering this Rafflecopter giveaway. Contest ends 6/5/17 and winner must use discount code by 6/23/17.
dress/Birkenstocks/Converse/nail polish/pineapple top
I’ve used quite a few daily and deep conditioners throughout the years – various brands, high end, low end, etc. I first tried the Eva NYC Hair Mask a few weeks ago and absolutely love the results. I apply a dime size amount to the ends after shampooing my hair and leave it in for about 3-5 minutes. It washes out really well and smells great! My hair is so soft, manageable and feels full and healthy.
Even though I received this product (travel size) as a sample, I will definitely be buying it when mine runs out. In addition to the results, I also like that it’s not super expensive and that it’s easy to find/purchase.
Also wearing this limited Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara being re-released this month and eyeliner sample (although with my dark lashes, you can’t really see the blue), Anthropologie poncho top (sold out), Loft petite jeans, and earrings I made 🙂
Looking for a new dry shampoo?
So many health apps! I’m still using Achievemint and slowly but surely earning those $10 (after accumulating 10,000 points)
I exfoliate my face once or twice a week but have never thought about body exfoliation.
Happy Earth Day (tomorrow)!
My usual breakfast is a granola bar as I’m running out the door, ha, ha! Here are some solid reasons you should never skip breakfast!
Getting fit for the right reasons 🙂
One of my nails randomly broke this week which has never happened! I found these tips very insightful and helpful!
It’s started to feel like Spring this last week (even though it’s been our most mild winter in 10 years ha!) and it’s especially nice because my skin is less dry. I received these Farmhouse Fresh masks for my birthday and they are so awesome. The green is avocado butter (a super hydrator), the white is tapioca (to improve texture) and the orange is pumpkin (to boost radiance) and smells exactly like a delicious pumpkin pie! All three of them smell so good and feel very gentle on your skin.
I also got this avocado cuticle oil from a local beauty supply store and I feel like it’s definitely helped soften and moisturize my cuticles. I was hesitant at first because I wasn’t sure how oily it would be or how well it would absorb. Luckily, it absorbs well and doesn’t leave your nails or fingers feeling oily. I was going to post the Amazon link but it was $8 — I found it locally for $1.95! So if you’re looking for it, hopefully you can find it for cheaper. While I was out, I also found this pineapple hand cream at Bath and Body Works ($3) which is my favorite flavor!
And…a Spring haircut! I normally prefer my hair long but every few years get in the mood to cut it shoulder length. The first cut it always scary and I feel like it’s always shorter than I imagine but luckily hair grows back 🙂 One of the challenges with moving so much is not having a regular hair stylist. You have to find the right people to get recommendations from, finding a good price, and salon aesthetic that suits you. I found this stylist off Yelp recommendations based on the fact that I wanted someone right in Chino Hills as opposed to driving downtown or to Orange County. The layers were a bit too choppy for my style, but it’s nice to have a fresh, light cut.
dress from Freebird Collection // gold sandals from Target
Simple ways to take care of your brain.
Love this minimal style manicure:
Some simple tips I definitely need to organize my closet!
Happy Friday! 🙂
Even though Southern California isn’t the driest of winter airs, we’ve lived in some low humidity cities where winter is really harsh on your skin (especially when we lived in Utah!) I feel like my skin is naturally dry but I’ve found a few things that definitely help my skin and overall health in dry weather. Here are my top 5 winter essentials:
- Humidifier– We actually have 2 of this same humidifier! I use one in my room in the winter (or if I’m sick) and we’ll use the second one in the kids’ bedrooms if they get sick. I feel like I can breathe better at night and feel more rested in the morning. I like this one because it’s small, the cord is a good length (it’s about 5 feet long), it’s easy to fill and clean and you can adjust the level of humidity.
- Gold Bond Rough & Bumpy lotion – this lotion is awesome. It’s made for skin that is extra dry and I use it daily on my upper arms which for some reason are more dry than the rest of my skin. I saw good results in the first week of using it! My skin is much less bumpy and dry.
- Saline salt nasal spray – this helps with dry nasal membranes. It’s not by prescription, non habit-forming and great to use for nasal congestion. It’s not medicated and easy to spray in your nose. It also doesn’t taste weird like how some medicated nasal sprays can drip into your throat. I buy this at any grocery or drug store and it’s only a few dollars.
- Vicks Vaporub – I’ve written about this product before and how great it is for a sore throat! There are actually lots of uses for Vicks Rub but my primary use is if I feel a sore throat coming, I’ll rub it on (the outside) of my throat before going to bed. It doesn’t cure an illness but alleviates the symptoms.
- Hydro Flask– I’ve also talked a lot about this bottle because it’s honestly one of my favorite things to have cold water all day! I especially love this bottle because it doesn’t collect condensation so I can bring it in a bag and not worry about other items getting wet. I have the wide mouth spout version which I prefer, they make a variety of sizes and mouth openings. Hydration is super important all the time but especially in the winter and can help with dry skin, illness, etc.
*related: 7 Ways to Fight a Cold , more on my Hydro Flask love
*semi related: follow along via Bloglovin’