I’ve used quite a few daily and deep conditioners throughout the years – various brands, high end, low end, etc. I first tried the Eva NYC Hair Mask a few weeks ago and absolutely love the results. I apply a dime size amount to the ends after shampooing my hair and leave it in for about 3-5 minutes. It washes out really well and smells great! My hair is so soft, manageable and feels full and healthy.
Even though I received this product (travel size) as a sample, I will definitely be buying it when mine runs out. In addition to the results, I also like that it’s not super expensive and that it’s easy to find/purchase.
Also wearing this limited Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara being re-released this month and eyeliner sample (although with my dark lashes, you can’t really see the blue), Anthropologie poncho top (sold out), Loft petite jeans, and earrings I made 🙂
Looking for a new dry shampoo?
So many health apps! I’m still using Achievemint and slowly but surely earning those $10 (after accumulating 10,000 points)
I exfoliate my face once or twice a week but have never thought about body exfoliation.
Happy Earth Day (tomorrow)!
My usual breakfast is a granola bar as I’m running out the door, ha, ha! Here are some solid reasons you should never skip breakfast!
Getting fit for the right reasons 🙂
One of my nails randomly broke this week which has never happened! I found these tips very insightful and helpful!
It’s started to feel like Spring this last week (even though it’s been our most mild winter in 10 years ha!) and it’s especially nice because my skin is less dry. I received these Farmhouse Fresh masks for my birthday and they are so awesome. The green is avocado butter (a super hydrator), the white is tapioca (to improve texture) and the orange is pumpkin (to boost radiance) and smells exactly like a delicious pumpkin pie! All three of them smell so good and feel very gentle on your skin.
I also got this avocado cuticle oil from a local beauty supply store and I feel like it’s definitely helped soften and moisturize my cuticles. I was hesitant at first because I wasn’t sure how oily it would be or how well it would absorb. Luckily, it absorbs well and doesn’t leave your nails or fingers feeling oily. I was going to post the Amazon link but it was $8 — I found it locally for $1.95! So if you’re looking for it, hopefully you can find it for cheaper. While I was out, I also found this pineapple hand cream at Bath and Body Works ($3) which is my favorite flavor!
And…a Spring haircut! I normally prefer my hair long but every few years get in the mood to cut it shoulder length. The first cut it always scary and I feel like it’s always shorter than I imagine but luckily hair grows back 🙂 One of the challenges with moving so much is not having a regular hair stylist. You have to find the right people to get recommendations from, finding a good price, and salon aesthetic that suits you. I found this stylist off Yelp recommendations based on the fact that I wanted someone right in Chino Hills as opposed to driving downtown or to Orange County. The layers were a bit too choppy for my style, but it’s nice to have a fresh, light cut.
dress from Freebird Collection // gold sandals from Target
Simple ways to take care of your brain.
Love this minimal style manicure:
Some simple tips I definitely need to organize my closet!
Happy Friday! 🙂
Even though Southern California isn’t the driest of winter airs, we’ve lived in some low humidity cities where winter is really harsh on your skin (especially when we lived in Utah!) I feel like my skin is naturally dry but I’ve found a few things that definitely help my skin and overall health in dry weather. Here are my top 5 winter essentials:
- Humidifier– We actually have 2 of this same humidifier! I use one in my room in the winter (or if I’m sick) and we’ll use the second one in the kids’ bedrooms if they get sick. I feel like I can breathe better at night and feel more rested in the morning. I like this one because it’s small, the cord is a good length (it’s about 5 feet long), it’s easy to fill and clean and you can adjust the level of humidity.
- Gold Bond Rough & Bumpy lotion – this lotion is awesome. It’s made for skin that is extra dry and I use it daily on my upper arms which for some reason are more dry than the rest of my skin. I saw good results in the first week of using it! My skin is much less bumpy and dry.
- Saline salt nasal spray – this helps with dry nasal membranes. It’s not by prescription, non habit-forming and great to use for nasal congestion. It’s not medicated and easy to spray in your nose. It also doesn’t taste weird like how some medicated nasal sprays can drip into your throat. I buy this at any grocery or drug store and it’s only a few dollars.
- Vicks Vaporub – I’ve written about this product before and how great it is for a sore throat! There are actually lots of uses for Vicks Rub but my primary use is if I feel a sore throat coming, I’ll rub it on (the outside) of my throat before going to bed. It doesn’t cure an illness but alleviates the symptoms.
- Hydro Flask– I’ve also talked a lot about this bottle because it’s honestly one of my favorite things to have cold water all day! I especially love this bottle because it doesn’t collect condensation so I can bring it in a bag and not worry about other items getting wet. I have the wide mouth spout version which I prefer, they make a variety of sizes and mouth openings. Hydration is super important all the time but especially in the winter and can help with dry skin, illness, etc.
*related: 7 Ways to Fight a Cold , more on my Hydro Flask love
*semi related: follow along via Bloglovin’
I might be living under a rock but I just found out what skin essence is last week – has anyone tried one?! There seems to be a lot of types with varying functions including hydration, creating a more even skin tone, etc. I’m interested in this one from The Body Shop, the benefits seems nice of course and I’ve used Body Shop products in the past (like their Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash which I love!)
How to have an awesome weekend WITHOUT spending any money!
One of my favorite quotes from Martin Luther King Jr.:
2016 is winding down and it’s been a crazy year -from the Cubs breaking the curse and winning the World Series to the presidential election upset! It was an exciting year for us as we moved from Utah to Texas to California, sold our first home, bought and sold our second home and feel like we’ve been packing and unpacking all year 😉 The holiday season is always a fun time to reflect on the year and anticipate the excitement that will come in the new year. With the new year, why not a new you and a new smile?! I’m excited to introduce an awesome product that will give you a brand new and confident smile!
Smile Brilliant is a teeth whitening product like no other. I’ve used a few different whitening products and whitening strips but was so impressed with the results from Smile Brilliant. The process is simple and the time you invest will pay off.
- The company sends trays and material to make your dental impressions.
- Mail back your impressions in a pre-paid envelope and in about a week you will receive your custom fit trays.
- Brush your teeth with water, squeeze (from the syringe that comes with the package) the whitening gel into the tray and leave on your teeth anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours. On average I left my trays on for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the trays and rinse them with water, brush your teeth with toothpaste.
- Apply the desensitizing gel to the trays and leave the trays on your teeth for 10-15 minutes. After you are not supposed to eat or drink for at least 30 minutes. I always used my whitening trays before bed so it was never an issue.
My teeth are naturally sensitive so I used the whitening trays every other day for the recommended times and still got awesome results. These trays are easy to use, painless, don’t taste weird and come with all the instructions in the box. If you invest the time, you will get great results too!
I loved that the trays were made to fit my teeth so the gel didn’t ooze out. With previous whitening products I’ve tried, the product slips out and is often swallowed. I loved that I could whiten my teeth in my pajamas in my home without going to the dentist’s office and while still getting the same results!
Smile Brilliant has generously offered to giveaway a custom teeth whitening kit! Enter here.
You can also save 5% by using the code: jamtart
If you’re interested in reading more about the process, click here and here is a video showing the process. If you have any questions about the product or process please let me know or you can read these FAQs.
The giveaway ends in two weeks. This post is sponsored by Smile Brilliant.
The cutest dog-baby relationship! Not quite how Bruce and the kids are but they do get along pretty well 😉
Love this perfect fall image from Julia at Gal Meets Glam – the changing colors and huge trees make me miss Virginia and DC!
I’m intrigued by rose gold make up like this:
There are a few products that I love so much and wish this could be like Oprah’s favorite things where she actually gives out the product, guess this recommendation list is the next best thing 😉
Charcoal face mask – Clinique claims this product will refine your pores and it actually does! You use it only 1-2 times a week (to prevent over-drying) and I love how fresh and clean my face feels afterwards.
Hydro Flask water bottle – keeps water cold all day without leaking condensation. I love the flip lid on this bottle with a wide-mouth opening that clips shut and doesn’t leak. I seriously take this bottle everywhere, it’s definitely helping me with my health goal to drink more water.
Baker’s Twine – I bought a bulk pack with 6 different colors a few years ago from a daily deals site and love the twine for wrapping presents, treat bags, crafts, etc.
Steam Pocket Mop– we got this floor steamer when we moved to Draper and had new, beautiful laminate flooring. It’s super easy to use and maintain. I love the smell and feeling of freshly steamed floors.
Brow pencil – by Anastasia – I’ve posted about this before but after using a few other brow fillers (crayons, powder, etc) this one is by far my favorite. It’s easy to apply and get a natural look.
Running shorts – these fit great with a semi-high waistband that doesn’t ride up or slip. The 4-way stretch allows for maximum flexibility and it has a small zip pocket in the back. They are so comfortable to run and exercise in!