When people ask where I would like to travel in the world, my answer is literally every country. It would be my dream to see every country even just for a day and experience the local, traditional cuisine. Here are some of my favorite travel items I would take for a trip around the world:
- Trtl Travel Pillow ($29) – this travel pillow is different from traditional pillows in that you wrap it around your neck (like a turtleneck). It has velcro to hold it closed and a piece of flexible plastic that prevents your head from flopping. I like that the material is soft fleece and keeps you warm since usually it’s cold on planes. It folds almost all the way flat which makes it easy to pack. I felt like it was really effective in preventing my neck from flopping, I slept comfortably on my trip to England. Here’s how it works:
2) Lightweight Water Resistant Travel Backpack/Foldable & Packable ($19) – this particular backpack folds up into a small pouch which is kinda awesome!
3) Hydro Flask ($22)
4) Lightweight waterproof jacket ($89)
5) Hunter Rain Boots ($150) – I’ve had these for almost 10 years and while I don’t wear them everyday, they’ve been so reliable and comfortable for walking.
6) Earplugs – so great for planes, hostels, shared hotel rooms, etc.
7) Sleep Aid (generic brand) – I use these to prevent jet lag. I’ll time my time on the plane and take the sleep aid about an hour before I want to sleep. This helps me sleep well on a long flight and wake up feeling refreshed even with an 8 hour time difference upon arrival.
8) Chaco sandals (around $60) – these are so comfortable and great for hiking, in water, etc.
9)Waterproof phone pouch ($6) – I first got this pouch for a river tubing trip. I ended up falling off my tube and being totally submerged in the water and my phone was protected. There are lots of similar cell phone pouches out there and I also love them for the beach.
10) Solar phone charger ($40) – I don’t have one of these yet, but really want one not only for travel but for emergencies. I included this particular one just based off online reviews.